Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Moutain breezes, cat naps, and the dreaded Milk products!

Well, it's day two in my visit to Mexico for the annual Church meeting for Educators and Professionals Meeting.
Last night was nightmarish!  Yesterday it seems i ate too many milk products throughout the day and by 1 am my digestive system had had enough. It quickly made sure that all offending products were dispelled from my body from the two most common orifices. You know what those are.  Yeah, throwing up is traumatizing enough but the experience becomes even more desperate when you have to do it alone, millions of miles from home and with roaches watching you do it! Thankfully Juana Vincha woke up and helped me out with sympathy and warm compresses. I look back and can't imagine how i survived that!
Long story short, i slept a total of 6 hours but in fragments of 2hrs then 6 hours. I was up at 630 and out the door by 730 to catch my ride to the institute.  (don't ask me how)
I was so sleepy and my abdomen was sore, but i got threw it falling asleep only twice during the meeting.
At lunch time, I had to take a nap before I ate, and I crashed on the sofa of the little lobby.  Felt so much better afterward, and even more so after I got internet where we were and was able to talk to my sweet husband by facetime! That really made my day! i was started to worry that i would lose my English! (yeah right)
One nice thing about this place is the weather. nice balmy 70 with mountain breezes blowing all day.  The institute overlooks the mountain side and it is surrounded by other mountains dotted my building and houses.  It looks quite beautiful, I was able to snap 3 pictures before my phone went dead.  I will post it as soon as I get a chance back home. 

I'm ready for my shower and bed. I'm ready to sleep straight through tonight!
Night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment