Thursday, July 28, 2011

Incorprorating Organization in our church vocabulary

As you know, I have been here in Xalapa, Mexico for the third annual International Professionals Reunion and the main issue we have been working on is restructuring the entire church infrastructure as well as working on the Transformation of the Sabbath School Program in the church.

All this is being attempted to be done in an organized and methodical way. Something basically foreign to most people within the church and the church organization as a whole.

It has been as grand a task as you can imagine, trust me! But it has been so satisfying to see so many awesome and dead-on ideas, suggestion, and courses of action that have arisen in the meetings and that have actually been accepted and approved!  It gives me hope that this is possible to do.  Not in a few months, but a lot sooner than I ever thought possible.  The church, through the obvious guidance of the Holy Spirit, has finally taken seriously the imperative need for a radical change in the way many things are done within the church. The best thing about it is that the church has realized that the most effective way to get the results desired is to use the most prepared and capable people for the job = the professionals of the church.  The most amazing part to me, is the  fact that our ideas and suggestions are being accepted and approved by the Superior Council!! 
Finally I feel that we are being heard, our talents taken into account, and our expertise respected.
That may sound self-centered, but all my life my secular education, training, and experience has been a totally separate thing from my 'church' life.  Now the church has realized and embraced what i have always known; I can benefit the church within my expertise! My education is an asset to the church organization I am a part of not a sign of spiritual weakness!  Man!
I am very honored to be a part of this department and that God would allow me to work along side Him in His kingdom work here in earth.  God was the one who got me through school and gave me the abilities that I now use to do the work I love, so giving back to Him with the results of that seems only natural to me.
If you feel the same way and you have some sort of degree or even working on one, please contact me on my blog or e-mail or twitter and let me know how you would like to help.

I'm currently sitting in the last Council Members Meeting where the meeting dates and final assignments are being set and recorded.

I will post up the link to the dept. proff. blog soon! :o)

 God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment